Whether you rent or have your own house with a basement, you need to be careful to make sure the basement is dry. Water usually enters the basement from outside, so it is necessary to hire waterproofing basement repair services from https://americanwi.com/leaky-or-wet-basement/.
However, water damage can occur due to a broken water pipe. If you want to do it yourself, here are some basement waterproofing tips that may interest you.
1. Check all lines to make sure there are no cracks and/or leaks
2. Check the entire outer perimeter of the plinth for cracks and/or holes
3. Check the entire inner circumference of the base for cracks and / or holes
4. Make sure all the outlets in and out are functioning properly
5. The perimeter of the house must be properly classified
6. Make sure the rain gutters are in good condition and remove sewage from the soil.
If you've filled in the corners you found and the foundation walls now look safe inside and out, you can use another simple waterproofing tip in the basement to apply waterproof paint or stone seal to the basement side of the foundation wall.
Silicate sealers are designed to penetrate a maximum of 4 inches into concrete. This reduces condensation and seals the wall surface and can be painted. Polysiloxane sealants adhere to concrete and form a mosquito repellent surface.